Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And So It Begins...


This blog will serve an outlet for me to share original midi-only tracks that I've created that have been inspired directly from the videogames of my childhood. I plan on doing themed song packages eventually, but for now I'll just release whatever I feel like with no real rhyme or reason.

With each song I upload, I'll give you a very brief synopsis of what I wanted to achieve and which games I drew influence from. The songs I write might not always correspond with the game that inspired it, or even seem like it would mesh with the rest of said game's soundtrack, but that's not my intention. I just want to see what I can come up with.

To make it interesting, I've given myself a few arbitrary parameters that must be met:
1) I must upload at least one song per week (Well, the goal is to have 50 done by next year, precise weekly updates probably won't happen)
2) I can only use 4 midi channels per song
3) Probably some other stuff I'll add later on

So without further delay, I present you with my first song in the series: "Cloudsong." This tune is heavily influenced by The Zelda 1 and Final Fantasy main title themes, although it has a cuter melody. It's almost a lullaby of sorts and has two distinct sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment